in no particular order
- Bugs
- it's hot
- Weeds
- it's dirty
- it's expensive
- it requires tools that I don't have- also expensive
- Did I mention weeds?
- Sticks and leaves. So many #)%@&* sticks!
- mulch never covers as much area as it says it will on the bag
- it requires many trips to the hardware store/nursery
- where I am usually tempted to buy at least one thing that I wasn't planning on buying before I got there.
- weed killer- so good, yet so poisonous to children and pets (well until it dries, I know, but it's that I don't get a chance to apply it without either of them around)
- The shed. Apparently, gnomes are the only people who need a garden shed. The doorway on our shed is 5 feet. I am taller than 5 feet. Today alone I hit my head on the doorframe THREE times. Twice on the back of my head, and once, I just walked right into it. In my defense I was wearing a hat and sunglasses, but still, you'd think I would learn!
- Having to make small talk with the neighbors. Or the neighbor's children.
- That feeling that whatever I've done is never enough- there is always more and more and more and more to do.
- and then the weeds.
Things I like about gardening;
- seeing progress
- the way Attila "smells" the flowers (she sniffs both in and out really loudly)
- talking smack to the bugs and the weeds (Die! Die!)
- sitting on the deck to drink a margarita (must work this one in tomorrow)

4 comments:
I have no greenthumb whatsoever,,, that's why I married a man who does. Thank God, because if I hadn't I would be the neighbor with the yard everyone complains about. The hubby,,, he's a good man.
I like the watering and the little nit-picky things like dead-heading. Major projects I could live without. Except the planning. Love the planning.
I love playing in the dirt! Just don't like cleaning it out from under my nails afterwards.
one word.....deer.
in NJ they are like the plague.
some fools acutally put food out for them which only encourages them to stay.
i'm a bit bitter towards deer since one ran into my car.
Post a Comment