March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Attila got sick over the weekend, so we ended up canceling most of our Easter plans, but it was kind of nice to have a lazy day at home. We did have a chance to color eggs though. You have to excuse all the vinyl in the pictures (like the back of the chair) apparently I was expecting things to get a lot messier than they did.


Which one is her favorite?
"This one. "
"No wait, this one. "
"No, no, this two!"
Somehow we ended up with two blue tabs and the "purple" tab turned out to really be brown. It was disgusting. Not that naturally brown eggs are gross, but this was not a natural egg color, it was kind of a dirty speckled monstrosity that was really unappetizing. Because nothing says "easter" like "shit".

8 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

What a cute apron she's wearing. :)

Too bad she got sick. Fortunately she didn't pass it on as far as we can tell.

The Sexy Blonde said...

My mom had exactly the same complaints about the egg dye she got -- two blue tabs and the purple was speckly and gross! Her kit came with some kind of cute little stencils though, which she is saving to use again next year :-)

Sorry to hear Attila was sick. I hope all is better now!

Allknowingjen said...

Veggie-we love the apron, using it again this morning for painting. I've decided that you should start an online store and sell them.

Happy Veggie said...

Only if you help with my logo/marketing.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Your last line made me laugh out loud! Maybe it's supposed to represent all the mud that spring brings? :)

Unknown said...

Well, you never know how messy these things are going to turn out. If you wouldn't have over prepared, you'd probably have a lovely spot on her dress or your chair or something. Most likely it would be the ugly brown color too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're brave! I bought an egg coloring kit and then chickened out because I was terrified of the mess! Maybe I'll make it a rainy day project now that you've shown me I should be too freaky about it!

DiploWhat said...

I remember back in day care having to have a "paint shirt" (AKA:one of dad's old, big shirts to mess up) to wear whenever we were going to do something messy. Do they still have that kind of requirement?