- Ok so "pre-school" is really just on Mondays for 2 hours. But oh my do we love it! Attila loves going and I get time to get some stuff done. She's done some things like this before;last year we used the drop off kids care at our community center for a couple hours a week, so I could work at home, and this summer she went to a daycare center for 3 weeks. (and she still talks about her teachers there and calls them "my best friends") Plus she already knew 3 other kids in the class from our ECFE classes so it was a very easy transistion for her. (and for me.) I wish it was one more day a week.
- We left town during the RNC- Best. Idea. Ever. We went up to Madeline Island and Bayfield,WI - which I may have to do a whole post about because the whole place screams GAW. (Girl's Adventure Weekend) Maybe a little far for the ND contingent, but on the whole, it has potential.
- This summer, and especially the end, seems to have gone faster than any other summer in my life ever.
- The chimney leak? Still not fixed. While I thought that first guy was so honest for saying "That's not something I do" - that charm wore thin after oh, the 3rd or 4th version of that statement, from 3 or 4 other contractors. Grr. We've tried roofers, we've tried "chimney repair". This week, I've got a couple of chimney sweeps/repair people coming to take a look. Fingers crossed that one of them will be helpful.
- My poor car is broken too. And when your car is pushing 9 years and 145k miles, well, the repairs ain't cheap. Or easy. It was in the shop all last week,
and it's making some other new noise now so it's going back again today.Update: Noise fixed- was just some plate that got pushed too close to the wheel/axel when they were doing the other work. I really do trust our mechanic though- he is a good guy. - Costco finally opened within 15 miles of me! Love!
- Had my first classes this past weekend and everyone showed up! My younger class increased, and my older class is holding steady, so I can't really complain. Also, I have a new dance teacher and I think she is going to fit in really well.
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield is one of my new favorite books. I loved this one! Not really a mystery, not really a fairy-tale, but definite overtones of both. Just a well told story. It's probably not for everyone, but I recommend it.
- I went to kohls today and they had Christmas stuff up on display already - I had to come home and check the calendar. It's not Oct 15, it's September. Seriously. We just packed up the beach towels! QUIT TRYING TO SKIP FALL!
September 15, 2008
Let me explain. No, is too much. Let me sum up.
Posted by
Allknowingjen
at
10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
1) Yay for preschool/school! Pumpkin loves hers too, & I love the hour and a bit I have to get stuff done with just one (sometimes napping) underfoot.
2)Tell us more about Madeline Island!
3)Our weather changed from summer to fall the week following Labor Day. Seriously, Labor Day & Tuesday were HOT. By Saturday I was packing up the summer stuff for the basement.
4) Argh. Frustrating! Good luck.
5) Oh, that sounds like our 2000 Blazer with the same number of miles! *sigh*
6) Yay!
7) Yay!
8) Will put a hold on it at the library.
What is this Fall you speak of?
I got drunk during the RNC. Also a plan I favor. Looking forward to hearing about Madline Island though!
I need to learn to be zen about Christmas somehow. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
i'm always up for a new author!
costco, bj's warehouse, sam's club....they are all evil. two people DO NOT need that much stuff and yet i cannot resist.
So glad that preschool is working out so well. Are you planning on upping the number of days next year?
We loved Madeline Island when we went, sounds like we should go back for longer.
I should have taken the RNC off from work, cause it sucked so much. You had a great plan.
Will go looking for that book, I need to read more again.
Our girl just started kindergarten, and it is only half days--2.5 hours a day! What a rip off. The boys are doing the three times a week/2.5 hours at a time pre-school, and that is better than nothing for sure. Holly needs the break, as I am sure that you do! :)
Post a Comment