October 02, 2008

Open Letters

Dear Car
Seriously. What did I ever do to you? Yes, you have a lot of miles, but you are from Japan, you are tough! What's a few thousand miles to you? I have been nothing but sweet to you. I let you stay in the garage, I feed you premium fuel (even when the cost makes my eyeballs bug out of my head), I generally keep up on your maintenance. You just got a new tranny last month for crying out loud and now, now you want a new starter? Seriously. I can't take this manipulation. Money doesn't grow on trees you know. I know you love Kevin at the auto shop- I do too, but you have got to stop spending so much time there. It's not good for you, and it's making me a little resentful.
I will make you a deal- hold on for a year. One little, tiny, over in the blink of an eye year and then, then I will get you the retirement you have worked so hard to deserve. Promise.
Love you lots, need you more ~Jen

Dear Patrons of the County Library
If someone is parked in a parking lot with their car hood raised- this is the international symbol that means that person is having car trouble and they are probably waiting for help. DO NOT park in the last open space near that car! Especially when the lot is not really all that crowded and there are plenty of places to park, do not park directly in front of my ailing vehicle. Thank you.

Dear AAA
I'm too mad to talk to you right now.
I think you need to do some apologizing first. At least your guy knew how to get my car started, saving me a tow, but that is the only good thing I can say.

Dear Polite Passers-by
Thanks to all of you who were sweet enough to stop and ask if I needed a jump or if I had help on the way. You restore my faith in nice people.

4 comments:

Raging Dad said...

Sounds like someone had a bummer of a day! :(

DiploWhat said...

yuck. hold out car!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. AAA sucks. They took four hours to show up the last time we had to call them. Almost not worth paying for.
Sorry about the car, here's hoping she's listening.

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show you that Minnesotans are nicer than Arizonans. My car wouldn't start outside of a restaurant this summer- with my entire staff. The hood was up. Not a SINGLE person stopped to ask if we could use some help. Not one! Can you believe it??

Go Minnesotans!