So in an effort to embrace this whole SAH/WAH Mom thing I signed Attila and I up for an ECFE (early childhood, family education) class and today was our first day. It went pretty well, a little boring maybe, but everyone was being all reserved because we don't know each other yet. Attila didn't bite anyone so that was good. Most of the other moms are teachers or former teachers, which is funny since the whole point of ECFE is to try to get parents involved in the education system. I wouldn't think that teachers are the target demo since they are kind of a given. There is also a woman there who is from Scotland and she and her husband moved here just because they wanted to try living in the US for a while. It reminded me a little bit of Ms. Huis, only in reverse. :)
Attila does have a bruise on her cheek right now that I kept having to explain. I think she fell on one of her blocks while she was trying to crawl, the mark is the perfect semi-circle shape and size of the block so that has to be it. And we went to class right after nap time so she also had some red sleep marks on her face, on the same side as the bruise. She looked like she had been in a bar brawl. No wonder the other babies didn't get close enough for her to bite them.
September 14, 2006
Attila's first class
Posted by
Allknowingjen
at
2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Damn straight Attila's the baddest baby in baby class! Just wait til she starts acquiring minions.
Oooh, Atilla's a biter? Cool. I thought Kitten was badass as a pincher, but biting is way cooler.
Pumpkin went through a biting phase, too. I can't tell you how tired we got of saying, "Pumpkin, no. No biting people. You can bite food, but you can't bite people." Then there was a while when you could tell she was thinking about biting, but then she'd shake her little head and say, "No bite people." (or sometimes think about it and do it anyway.) Eventually she either learned it or just grew out of the phase, but we were glad when we were done with that!
I bet your ECFErs will warm up after a bit. Just gotta suss each other out first... and figure out who's got the toughest baby! ;)
Post a Comment