I keep trying to write interesting newsy posts, but I just don't have it in me. I hate February and I can't wait until it's over. We are finally in the last week and hopefully the temperatures will stay well above zero here. I had a dream last night that I saw people wearing shorts- and I was all, "Hey! Those people are wearing shorts, why am I wearing this sweater? I should go home and put shorts on!" Literally dreaming of spring here.
I tried writing a list about all the things that I hate about February and the dead of winter - but instead of being funny, it came off as pretty bitter- so that one didn't get posted. But the one funny thing is that with all the colds we've all been through, the Dude has placed a box of tissues up on the mantle for our fireplace. Apparently it deserves this place of honor in our home.
I am reading Eat, Pray, Love and so far the "eat" part just makes me want to move to Italy and learn Italian.
Didn't do so well on the Oscar picks this year, Dude and I both tied at 10 a piece. A dismal showing really. But in my defense I have not seen any of the "Best Picture" nominated movies this year (usually I see one or two at a minimum.) Not a single one. *sigh* I still watched the whole thing, even though it gets long and boring, I can't help it. I am joining Syl on the anti- Katherine Heigl wagon though. I can't believe she got up there and said, "I'm not good at this"- Hello? You are an "actress"- try acting. Dingbat. Not cute or endearing.
Jennifer Garner though? I love her. She's just so down to earth and not fake- even when weird creepy men kiss her on the neck.
I did thaw some strawberries that we picked last summer for dessert this week. They are super yummy and taste like June. I think I should try to freeze more fruit this year.
February 25, 2008
I got nothin'
Posted by
Allknowingjen
at
8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I hear you on the "nothin'." February just takes it out of me, too. When I used to teach, I loved being on the alternate calendar, because then I could look forward to the 3 week March break coming up soon.
Your strawberries sound delicious!
Try watching the Oscars with TIVO. It was heaven!! Just fast forward the crappy/boring bits and watch what I want!!
I recommend a family outing to the Como Conservatory. We went a few weeks back, and it's really amazing what an hour or so in warm, humid air surrounded by palm trees and orchids can do to chase away the Februaries.
but she was so cute in knocked up!!
are you going to do the NaBloPoMo thing post for a month thing? i think i'm going to do it for the month of march since i missed it the first time round.
it's a whole month of posting lists.
There is no way Mr. P. would let me fast forward through any part of the Oscars. For the record though...I beat him in the picks this time. Write that down, I'm sure it's a first. Still need to see Atonement and Juno, but I HIGHLY recommend the other three.
We just saw Juno and loved it. Pants saw There Will Be Blood, but wished it had been on DVD so he could take it in pieces.
Post a Comment