Today around 4pm, I tore apart the spice/baking cabinet. I decided it needed to be cleaned and reorganized. I even took out the shelves and considered painting the back wall. I didn't paint, but only because the Dude was home by then and had kind of talked me out of it. He said I sounded a little "off" when he called on the phone and he wasn't sure what he was going to find when he got home. I was trying to sound nonchalant. Apparently, I sounded very very chalant. Guess I need to work on that. I also wiped down the soffit area in the kitchen. It was filthy!
Does this help the guest room become the big girl room in any way? Not at all. *sigh*
November 20, 2008
Hormones are weird
Posted by
Allknowingjen
at
11:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Even though this is going to make me sound ignorant....what exactly IS the soffit area?
In our kitchen, it's the part that is above the cupboards (between the top of the cupboards and the ceiling) - not quite big enough to be a "wall" ;)
I am not sure soffit is the right word, but I've heard it used that way on HGTV...
I really wish they weren't there and that was all cupboard space instead...
that's actually good to know. As I was considering, still am, redoing my kitchen I thought of NOT having the cupboards go to the ceiling. You're saying they should....
Tiny- I personally think so, otherwise, it is just wasted space. (though it can be hard to reach space...) And enclosed cupboard space is much easier to keep clean then an open shelf. I think in my dream kitchen they would have glass fronts and soft inner lighting and that is where I would keep my pretty but rarely used serving dishes and stuff.
Post a Comment